Psycho Styrene Modeling magazine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror Modeler, with hints and tips for the beginer to the more experianced Modeller

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi from greeblies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
greeblies

greeblies

Hi from greeblies Empty
PostSubject: Hi from greeblies   Hi from greeblies Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 4:53 pm

Greetings from "greeblies" aka Jon

I've been into sci-fi from way back. I went to see 2001: A Space Oddessy at the theatre when I was 8 or 9 years old.
Read all of Aurther C. Clarkes books ( I think) as well as Asimov, Heinlein, Tolkein and others.
I was into staying up late watching old horror flicks on TV, and of course the series Twilight Zone, Lost in Space, Space:1999, Star Trek, Battle Star Galactica, U.F.O., Buck Rogers, etc. Also watched other movies such as the classic sci-fi stuff like Forbidden Planet, Them, Invaders from Mars.
All the same ones you all have watched I suppose or we wouldn't be here, right?

I've been building models since I was a kid, and learned from Scale Modeler, Military Modeler and Fine Scale Modeler magazines.
I was hooked when I saw the first trailer for STAR WARS, I bought a program at the theater and built my first scratchbuilt model ,an X-wing from balsa, sheet plastic and kit greeblies (although I did'nt know thats what they were called back then), from just using the front quarter painting in that program book for a reference. I still have that model 30 some years later.
I've concentrated (or at least tried) to limit my modeling to detailing 1/32nd WW2 fighters, but that does not stop my sci-fi interests.

I'm trained and educated as an artist and tech CAD illustrator but I love to build models.
I like to take some of my concept sketches and turn them into 3d models, like the "jetfish" hydrofoil model in the gallery.

I am constantly learning from the model building masters on forums like these. You are never too old to learn new skills.

It's great to be here!
Greeblies out.
Back to top Go down
wolfman71

wolfman71

Hi from greeblies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from greeblies   Hi from greeblies Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 2:09 am

Welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
http://www.psychostyrene.co.uk

Hi from greeblies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Psycho Styrene Modeling magazine :: About You :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: